1 roll Puff pastry
2 tablespoons Mustard
4 tablespoons Tomato sauce
4 Tomatoes (plum, heirloom, beefsteak)
Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
Total cooking time:
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF.
- Lay down the puff pastry on a baking tray covered in cooking spray.
- Create a border / crust around the pastry by folding over a quarter inch of the pastry.
- Place your mustard on the pastry and evenly spread.
- Place your tomato sauce on the pastry and evenly spread, make sure to properly mix into the tomato sauce.
- Cover sauce with a layer of bread crumbs, which you can make by toasting Italian bread and then blitzing it in a food processor.
- Slice your tomatoes evenly and layer them upon each other, fully covering the base of the pastry.
- Finally, sprinkle salt, pepper, and oregano and liberally cover the entire tart with EVOO.
- Place the tart into the over for 30 - 35 mins or until golden brown with some burnt parts.
- Once ready, take the tart out and let cool for 5 mins before adding fresh basil and lemon zest.