½ cup Soy Milk
½ cup Water
¼ cup melted Margarine
⅔ cup and 1 tablespoon Sugar
½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
1 cup all-purpose Flour
⅔ cup Orange Juice
1 Orange or Citrus Fruit
6 tablespoons chilled Unsalted Butter, cut into pieces
1 scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream
Total cooking time:
- In a large mixing bowl, blend soy milk, water, margarine, 1 tablespoon sugar, maple syrup, flour, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Cover and chill the mixture for 15 minutes.
- Lightly grease a skillet with some margarine and heat the skillet until hot.
- Pour approximately 3 tablespoons of batter into the skillet. Swirl to make the batter cover the skillet's bottom. Cook until golden, flip and cook on opposite side.
- Once the crêpes are cooked, place them in a separate dish and make the suzette sauce in the heated skillet.
- Bring orange juice and 2/3 cup of sugar to a simmer in the skillet over medium heat, stirring until sugar is melted.
- Add butter a piece at a time, whisking until incorporated before adding more; stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt and zest orange on top.
- Continue to gently simmer, swirling sauce often, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Take flat crêpe, dip half of the closed side in the suzette sauce, fold in half, and then fold again in half to make a quarter with both the top and bottom covered in the sauce.
- Serve the crêpes warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top with the remaining orange zest.